Have been thinking long and hard how I share this.

For the last 6 years I have been sacrificing to grow Viddler to point it is at today: profitable, 25+ employees and growing.

It’s been a journey that has included: sleepless nights, building brand awareness, promoting other brands, organizing server growthpitching, organizing capture of viral videos, attracting customers, thuggie promotion, mockups galore, product management.. you name it.. all with 3 months of capital invested at a time out of Bethlehem, PA .

Two weeks ago, the board notified that my services were no longer required. Will still be a highly invested board member (update: resigned week or two after for personal reasons) but my role operationally as CEO/President is no longer. It put’s me in an interesting position as this wasn’t exactly voluntary. And a slew of questions have been keeping me up…

How much should I share on my removal?
It’s clear to me, I should probably keep my mouth shut. Am still a very large shareholder and it doesn’t do anyone any good to share my perceptions publicly with how/why this happened. This is hard for me as I am generally a very transparent person. I want to share the lessons I have learned from this. After the fate of Viddler is decided, I will probably be more public on lessons learned/etc.

What do I focus on next?
It’s very clear my primary passion still is in online video. All paths are pulling me in this direction, and will maintain an open mind with new opportunities here.

Where?
As much as I can try to justify it being in Bethlehem, PA doesn’t continue to make much sense. Am being pulled strongly a in direction of Silicon Valley. Will also be exploring opportunities out of NYC, Seattle, Philly, Chicago, Boston, Austin, and Denver. UPDATE: And as Jim reminded me can’t forget Reno!

Viddler was a long journey. Am excited for something new.

As Billy Disney (ex-viddler videographer) recently shared with me, “Time to get back to what you do best”

71 Responses to No Longer Operational At Viddler

1. HassanHamayun says:

In relation to the coolest in girls’ fashions for ages 2 for you to 6, mix along with match is otherwise engaged and synchronized looks will be in. This implies girls who will be styling contain the bases coated from go to toe. http://www.fashiondelights.net

2. HassanHamayun says:

You will find there's positive side to the present breed; like there were a beneficial side for a awful 1st kiss. You still planned to day Jennifer as well as Robbie though they weren’t the top kisser, appropriate? They even now had a great deal of positive qualities plus the American Bull dog really does too! http://www.dating-search.net

3. HassanHamayun says:

Going towards movies actually is one through the first ways to show your current date your relaxed facet. For a lot of people it operates a two purpose – you possibly can spend time with your partner and you will probably also always be entertained in concert. http://www.homedating.net

4. HassanHamayun says:

There usually are many who’re involving sophisticated years who wish to find appreciate and whom don’t need to invest his or her gold several years on it’s individual. Not virtually all retirees stay in senior neighborhoods or fit in with senior companies where they will share within just activities and also meet fresh people. Some carry on being viable and would like to continue to reside in their own personal homes. http://www.seniordatingpersonals.net

5. ????? ??? says:

I liked it so much really loved it

6. Lamer says:

I just don't understand. It won't be the same without you, Rob. Best of luck with whatever you do in the future.scrivodite

7. cimis says:

Wherever this turn takes you will be a continuation of an exciting adventure.Drinks next time you are in bay area.stiri jocuri

8. Iuliz says:

Wherever this turn takes you will be a continuation of an exciting adventure.scrivodite