Am a huge fan of Failblog and Backblaze.

Brian Brushwood from Scamschool would be proud of this….

Was able to prank Backblaze on Failblog yesterday by submitting a screenshot generated by a modified URL on Backblaze.

Allow me to share how I did this:

I realized when I checked my download status with backblaze they left the variables in the URL to come up with a length

For 63GB still have 24  days to complete the backup and it’s all visible in the URL:

Backblaze Backup Hack Step 1

So all I did was change the total space to something very high (630 TB) in the URL:

Backblaze Hack Step 2

Submitted to failblog, and bam.

It would be cool if Backblaze said something more graceful, like. “WOAH,  you have a ton of stuff.. it’ll be a few years before this is complete.”

9 Responses to Pranking Backblaze

1. Rob Sandie says:

You go into the settings page. It's right there "How long will my first download take"

2. Tristan says:

I see, it's not actually on their website, it's within the Control Panel. That was not clear.

3. Javier Bonet says:

It says "How long will my first backup take?", even though this is NOT my first backup.

4. Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your site?
    My blog site is in the exact same area of interest as yours and my visitors would
    definitely benefit from a lot of the information you present here.

Please let me know if this alright with you. Thank you!

5. basefolder says:

Wow that's a cool post regarding backblaze.

6. Naziya says:

Sooo super cute!! I just realized that you have those ralely cute silver mittens on your card!! Love and I love the cheese cloth too!Very Pretty Sandie!x;)

7. ?????? says:

???????????????????????
    ???????
    ??????
    ???????
    ?????
    ??????
    ???????
    ???????????????????????????????????
    ???????????????????????????????????????
    ????CHANEL?????????????? 34cm????????35899?????????????

8. Are you trying to money right into a financial institution account, the whole quantity commonly cannot be immediately accessed; there could also be a waiting amount for the check to clean?
    check casher Philadelphia

9. We honestly want to serve you the simplest matters with 100 percentage satisfactions. It is extraordinarily exhausting to say as soon as exactly must be forced to money your test.
    check cashing places near me