– Lower CPU requirements
– Open standard
– Works great in mobile environments, keeps power usage low
– No support for closed captioning
– No Internet Explorer support (coming in IE9)
– Lack of Security on Stream. tags need open access to streams.
– Autoplays randomly when loading pages using default tag
– No Room for Interactive Experiences – Overlays/Sharing functionality/
As of today, support HTML5, it’s great in mobile experiences, but it has a long way to go before coming the default in desktop browsers.